HelpHound.biz, HelpHound.com and our embedded Dialogue™ modules are websites ("our website") owned by Help Hound Limited ("HelpHound", "we", "us", "our").
Once we have received your information, we will protect it using Helphound's standard procedures and security features aimed at preventing unauthorised access. In particular, we employ user names and passwords on HelpHound's computer systems to ensure that access to HelpHound's systems is limited to those with proper authorisation.
This Policy sets out HelpHound's views and practices regarding your personal data and the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to HelpHound, will be processed by HelpHound. Please read it carefully.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Help Hound Limited. We have our registered office at Suite L, The Jubilee Centre, 10/12 Lombard Road, London, SW19 3TZ and our main trading address is New Broad Street House, 35 New Broad Street, London EC2M 1NH.
HelpHound's nominated representative is John Williams who can be contacted by post at the above address or by e-mail at email@example.com
The above postal and e-mail addresses are the HelpHound Contact Addresses.
Member name and activities
You may view our website without registering as a member but cannot post contributions unless you are a member. If you register as a member you will have disclosed personal information to HelpHound and we will be able to identify you from that information.
If you register with HelpHound, you will be asked to provide a user name and this user name will be displayed on our website where you might, for example, post reviews or suggestions for a business. Your user name will therefore be available to the public. We recommend that you choose an anonymous user name rather than a user name which allows third parties to identify you.
Unless you consent, we will not give your actual name, or contact details to other members. However, if you make this information publicly available, other members and third parties may use this information to contact you. We have no control over such contact.
Whilst we will make all reasonable endeavours to enable you to edit, amend or remove contributions, you should be aware that you may not be able to remove any contributions which you post to our website once they have been posted.
If you post a contribution other members may respond to that contribution. If you post a contribution about a third party, you will have the option, at the time you post your contribution, to provide that third party with your contact details, such as your email address, so that they may respond directly to your contribution. Once the third party has your contact details we will have no control over the contact they decide to make with you, or what they may do with your contact details. To protect your privacy you will be able to correspond with third parties through our website without disclosing your contact details.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to HelpHound, for example by filling in forms on our website , by requesting information from HelpHound or from other HelpHound members or in requesting any goods or services.
- Information that you give HelpHound when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you give HelpHound when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us by this means.
- Information that you provide to HelpHound by completing surveys. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, information search requests and search results, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for HelpHound's own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of transactions and communications you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of any orders.
- Information obtained by HelpHound from third parties in accordance with the Act.
IP addresses and cookies
To help HelpHound improve our website and to offer a better and more personalised service and for system administration purposes, we may collect information about your computer, IP address, operating system, browser type and information about your general usage of our website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive and enable HelpHound, for example:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our website.
Where we store and process your personal data
All information you provide to HelpHound via email or our website is stored on HelpHound's secure servers and any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from HelpHound, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and HelpHound;
- to notify you about changes to HelpHound's products and services;
- to run competitions, surveys and incentive programmes;
- to rate individual members, to rate their feedback reviews and to rate Businesses and Public Services (more information: Weighted Rating);
- in order to enforce or apply HelpHound's Terms and Conditions of Website Use;
- We will only use your data to provide you with information about HelpHound's products and services which may be of interest to you where we have your prior permission to do so. We will not contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you, unless you have consented to this;
- We will not pass your data to third parties to enable them to provide you with information about their products or services.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the HelpHound group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Help Hound Limited itself or a substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our members or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask HelpHound not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes. Additionally, you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting HelpHound at any time at either of the HelpHound Contact Addresses above. Further, if at any stage you would like us to check, amend or remove any information held by HelpHound about you, please contact us at the same Addresses.
Third party privacy policies
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of HelpHound's suppliers, partner networks, business members, affiliates and other third parties.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by HelpHound about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet HelpHound's costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Information about us
HelpHound.biz, HelpHound.com and our embedded Dialogue™ modules are websites ("our website") owned by Help Hound Limited ("HelpHound", "we", "us", "our"). HelpHound is registered in England and Wales under company number 05892333 and we have our registered office at Suite L, The Jubilee Centre, 10/12 Lombard Road, London, SW19 3TZ. HelpHound's main trading address is New Broad Street House, 35 New Broad Street, London EC2M 1NH.
These terms relate to the use of our websites by all members including, where applicable, Business Members of HelpHound. Business Members of HelpHound are required to sign a Contract for the supply of our Services. In the event that the Contract conflicts with these terms, these terms shall prevail.
Accessing any of our websites, including embedded Dialogue™ modules ("our website")
Access to our websites is permitted on a temporary basis, and HelpHound reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service it provides on our website without notice (see below).
We will not be liable to you or to any other person if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, HelpHound may restrict access to the whole or any part of our website, acting reasonably, to you or any other person at our entire discretion.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may only use our website for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent intent purpose or effect, including in any way that filters or otherwise selectively chooses from published HelpHound reviews;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with HelpHound's Content Standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation ('spam')
- to knowingly distribute any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designated to adversely affect the operation of any computer software communications network or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of these terms;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our website;
- any equipment or network on which our website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our website (contributions).
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted;
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- include sexually explicit material;
- endorse or promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any patent, design copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be deceptive;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidentiality;
- endorse or promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from HelpHound, if this is not the case;
- advocate, endorse, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
When you add a contribution, your user name will appear as part of that contribution and will therefore be publicly available. By doing so you are making a legally binding promise to HelpHound, that we are relying on, that you have provided your consent to HelpHound and have obtained all necessary consents required by law including regulatory permissions for this information to appear on our website.
We reserve the right to impose a limit on the length of any contribution you make on our website.
Contributions to our website may not be moderated.
HelpHound will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any contribution submitted to our website and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of our website by any person in contravention of the terms set out in this document. HelpHound reserves the right to remove at our entire discretion, or to disable access to, any contributions which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third party rights or these terms.
We will make all reasonable endeavours to enable you to remove or amend your contribution once it has been posted to our website. However, you acknowledge that once a contribution has been posted to our website, you may not be able to remove or amend it.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our website. When a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these terms may result in HelpHound taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Intellectual Property Rights
By submitting a contribution to our website, you agree to grant HelpHound a non-exclusive licence to use that contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your contribution, HelpHound will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of assignment and/or sub-licence. In making a contribution you waive and or undertake to procure the waiver of all moral rights arising in the relevant material. HelpHound may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your contribution in all jurisdictions, to their fullest extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards, you must ensure that your contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your contribution to our website, you are warranting that you have the right to grant HelpHound the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to HelpHound, you must not submit the contribution.
HelpHound is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Commercial use of our material
HelpHound hereby grants its Business Members a licence to use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes, subject to your adherence to the conditions set out in our "Prohibited Uses" above.You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website. You may distribute any downloaded extracts electronically.
You must not however modify the paper or electronic copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. HelpHound's status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from HelpHound or our licensors.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary, contributions and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to advice by HelpHound on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website or registered user, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
You indemnify HelpHound from and against all loss cost damage or expense suffered by HelpHound in respect of claims brought against HelpHound by third parties arising out of your use of and/or contribution to our website (other than where we are in breach of any applicable law where such breach has not been caused by your use or contribution. For the purpose of this condition the act of publishing any contribution by you shall be deemed to be caused by you not HelpHound).
The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the fullest extent permitted by law, HelpHound hereby expressly excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- all liability for any, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable suffered by any person or legal entity directly or indirectly in connection with the use of our website including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time.
HelpHound's liability for direct loss shall be limited to the amount paid by the Business Member using our website who has suffered such loss (if any) in the 12 months preceding the cause of action giving rise to the relevant claim.
This does not affect HelpHound's liability for death or personal injury arising from HelpHound's negligence, nor HelpHound's liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Linking to our website
Our website must not be framed on any other website without HelpHound's prior written permission.
You are encouraged to place links to our website on your own website. However, we reserve the right to withdraw linking and framing permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out in this document. Failure to remove a link to our website once we have asked you to do so constitutes a breach of these terms.
If you wish to make any use of material on our website other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jurisdiction and applicable law
"HELPHOUND" is a trade mark of Help Hound Limited. Any use of the same by you requires our express written permission.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our website, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for visiting HELPHOUND.